We are a
USA Gymnastics Member Club
See below for USAGymnastics resources and SafeSport Policies as it pertains to The Palaestra gymnastics.
More about Safe Sport at The Palaestra
As a USA Gymnastics Member Club, we think it is important to be fully compliant with the USA Gymnastics and SafeSport Policies. In order to comply we:
- have information about SafeSport on our website and social media platforms so that it is easily accessible to the athletes and families we serve,
- have fully adopted the USA Gymnastics Safe Sport Policy,
- have a duty to report ALL misconduct through the appropriate channels as listed in the Safe Sport Policy. Below are the reporting portals for The Palaestra staff and clients alike;
(USA Gymnastics and U.S. Center for SafeSport),
- encourage parents to view the U.S. Center for SafeSport link to “Parents Guide to Misconduct in Sport and Youth Athlete Training”
- designate our staff member, Sigourney Weathers, as The Palaestra's Safety Champion,
- adhere to all restrictions placed on an employee by USA Gymnastics or the U.S. Center for SafeSport,
- abide by the list of persons declared permanently ineligible for membership in USA Gymnastics, and
- ensure that all of The Palaestra staff who have regular contact and authority over Minor Athletes have passed a background check consistent with USA Gymnastics background check policy AND completed U110: SafeSport Core Course.